Senior Staff Accountant
4811 S Alameda St, Los Angeles 90058
Looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join their fun, hard-working team of results-driven, creative and collaborative people!
Reporting into the CFO, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for executing month end and year-end financial close efforts and preparing complete and accurate accounting records for all major balance sheet accounts and operating expenses
• Experience with banking compliance (reporting receivables, inventory levels, bank certificates, etc.)
• Perform month-end close activities by preparing account reconciliations and supporting schedules, including accruals, account reconciliations, intercompany reporting and balancing across companies and financial statement development: balance sheet, income statement and cash flow report preparation.
• Ensure all reconciliations are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that all known and unknown reconciling items are handled in accordance with the Company account reconciliation policy.
• Manage the financial input into the Financial Reporting system and ensure proper controls and procedures exist related to this system to ensure reporting of accurate and timely financial data.
• Analyze results, perform monthly variance analysis and prepare reports of actual results versus budget results to Accounting / Finance team.
• Ensure financial statements and financial accounting practices are in compliance with GAAP.
• Guide best practices in reporting, accounting and internal controls.
• Work synonymously with the Accounting team to ensure that all financial information and schedules are accurate and prepared timely to support the continued growth of the Company.
• Partner with the CFO / Controller to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
• Engage and partner with other accounting/finance team members as well as other departments as needed to resolve accounting questions and issues quickly.
• Support external auditors and other vendor requests for information.
Complete special projects as assigned by the Accounting / Finance Team.
• Bachelor' s degree in Finance or Accounting required, CPA certification a huge plus.
• 4 or more years of experience in Accounting or Finance related areas, including supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of GAAP and a thorough theoretical understanding of Accounting and Finance.
• Excellent PC skills including Excel and Word; Large ERP experience a plus.
• Excellent analytical skills - conceptual thinker, inquisitive problem solver, attention to detail.
• Experience working with multiple business units within a company.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong understanding of financial systems and financial data flows.
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment