Senior Tax Accountant (ASC 740 Tax Provision)
400 Spectrum Center Drive Suite 250 Irvine, CA 92618 US
Senior Tax Accountant
Corporate Tax Services – Irvine, California
West Coast regional accounting firm with over 70 professionals, serving clients in multiple cities
Our Corporate Tax Services group serves more than one hundred SEC registrants and hundreds of private-equity-owned and venture-backed businesses.
Corporate Tax Services Group - Senior Tax Accountant:
The Corporate Tax Services group is 100% focused on income tax accounting assistance, tax compliance and tax consulting for our high profile corporate clients. This includes preparation and review of income tax provision calculations, income tax return preparation and review, assistance with day to day federal, state, and international tax matters that may arise, and the identification, design, and implementation of tax planning strategies. Recognized as a leader in this space, the group' s collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment offers employees the opportunity to work with both high caliber team members and top-tier clients while maintaining a small firm atmosphere.
Duties & Responsibilities
Initiate, monitor, and deliver tax provision and tax compliance services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Proactively manage project deadlines to ensure delivery of work product based on client expectations and statutory deadlines.
- Review work of interns and staff before submitting to management team for top-level review.
- Openly communicate with partners, managers, and staff about the status, timeline, issues, and progress of projects, tasks, and associated budgets.
Technical Skill Development
- Stay current on changes within the profession and business environment.
- Ensure team members are educated regarding changes in ASC 740 and tax law.
- Continue developing a command of pertinent Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) sections, regulations, and guidance.
- Facilitate subordinates' proficiency in tax research and documentation.
Continuously work toward the goals and objectives established in your personal Professional Development Plan.
- Learn to develop and manage client relationships.
- Track the skills needed to advance to the next job classification.
Individuals at this level normally have an active CPA license and hold a Bachelor of accountancy or equivalent degree. A Master’ s of Accountancy or Master’ s of Tax is preferred. Applicants are expected to have 2-5 years of experience in federal and state corporate income tax preparation and significant experience in the preparation and review of income tax provisions (ASC 740). Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is a must.