Senior Tax Accountant - Remote
751 Daily Drive Suite 325 Camarillo, CA 93010-6076
Remote Tax Senior Accountant
Our client is looking for remote Senior Tax Accountant that can full time in the busy season and a flexible part time schedule during the rest of the year.
We view each professional staff as someone very important and expend lots of resources to integrate them and have them be successful and in a career that is rewarding.
We are a a small boutique firm that works with some very complex tax issues for almost all of our clients. The culture of the firm has a very strong focus on developing and mentoring young Remote Tax Senior Accountant
For a CPA firm or any firm, the work life balance here is really good. The average workweek is 40 to 45 hours. 55 to 65 during busy season.
Three words that describe the culture here?
Professionally Challenging, Team Environment, Flexible
Give one real life story to back this up.
What are the must-have requirements for the open position?
Eligible to sit for CPA, licensed CPA or Enrolled Agent. Having accounting and audit experience is a plus.
Responsibilities for Remote Tax Senior Accountant:
1. Manage tax compliance for various entities
2. Ensure and maintain proper documentation
3. Maintain professional relationship with peers and clients
4. Develop and train staff
5. Research and consults on various tax projects
6. Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities
7. Research tax matters
8. Other projects as assigned
Qualifications for a Remote Tax Senior Accountant:
1. Bachelor' s degree with a major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, General Business or Management from an accredited college/university required
2. Minimum of three years of tax preparation/review experience in a public accounting firm required
3. Two to three years of project management in a supervisory role preferred
4. MST and CPA preferred
5. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
6. Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
7. Experience with CCH Prosystem fx software preferred
8. Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
9. Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
10. Enjoys working in a small environment
11. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)