Senior Tax Accountant
9255 Towne Centre Drive Suite 250 San Diego, CA 92121
Tax Senior Associate
Get ready to start climbing the ladder and don’ t look down. Our client is committed to the development of our futures leaders – and that’ s you!
Come be a part of endless possibilities for growth and professional expertise. We are looking for forward thinking, driven, enthusiastic individuals looking to take the next step in their career.
Rated one of the best places to work and one of the largest public accounting firms in the Country, we have the necessary tools to take public accounting to the next level.
Our firm offers a unique culture with a family type atmosphere. We commit to team building and knowledge sharing, empowering our employees with the tools and resources to think differently and become the best people in our profession. As a member of our firm, your success is our success.
The time is now, the opportunity is yours, don’ t waste another minute. Join our team today!
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Review tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Perform tax structuring and modeling.
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by management in a timely fashion.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Manage multiple client projects at any given time.
- Serve as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Develop a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules. Monitor project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to management.
- Manage tax compliance process (to include resource allocation and budgeting, billing, and collection), schedule staff, deliver work product(s) on time and within scope, and communicate engagement status to management.
- Develop a professional relationship with the client. Gain the respect and confidence of the client by consistently demonstrating supreme customer service, quality work products, and professional integrity.
- Serve as the prime point-of-contact to the client. Ensure that the client is fully informed of engagement progress and logistics.
- Gain the respect and confidence of the team through effective client management, timely and accurate communication, and clear and concise team direction.
- Prepare timely and accurate bills for professional services rendered.
- Prepare, organize and maintain engagement work papers and files.
- Communicate periodically with client following the completion of the engagement to ensure customer satisfaction.
New Business Development
- Develop a thorough understanding of all tax, audit and consulting services provided by the firm. Link this understanding to potential client needs.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements.
- Actively participate in proposal development, at the direction of management, and take a lead role responding to requests for proposal.
- Network internally. Communicate to the audit and consulting teams the types of tax services you provide to your clients to facilitate cross selling.
- Identify and pursue outside business contacts through social, charitable, and business organizations. Become an active participant in these networking channels.
- Establish and maintain a social presence in the community. Actively participate in industry, alumni, and community networking events.
- Network with individuals from other organizations in order to share ideas, collect information, and identify potential talent for the Firm.
- Maintain an active contact list to include previous employment contacts, college alumni, associations, etc.
- Participate in both the experienced and college hiring recruiting process.
- Take responsibility for identifying, attracting, and developing current and future talent of the Firm.
Staff Management and Development
- Take responsibility for subordinates' activities and chargeability. Effectively delegate work to staff.
- Develop team processes and systems to improve the productivity and growth of the business.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates' technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Gain the respect and confidence of the team through effective client management, timely and accurate communication, and clear and concise team direction. Lead by example.
Personal and Professional Development
- Earn confidence, trust and respect from clients and colleagues.
- Develop tax industry knowledge and expertise and share that knowledge with the team.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking. Lead by example.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Develop an ability to motivate and train both self and staff.
- Pursue professional development through public speaking, seminar delivery, and through the writing of articles.
- Actively participate in internal development programs, including staff training courses.
- BS/BA accounting preferred
- MST and CPA a plus
- 3-5 years tax experience in a public accounting or real estate firm preferred
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software to include Go Systems, BNA portfolio and projection, CCH, RIA
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
EEO Is the Law
Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.