Senior Tax Associate
8383 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 500 Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Senior Tax Associate
Under limited supervision performs intermediate to advanced accounting functions related to tax specifications. Employees in this job class perform as a lead by assigning work and providing guidance to lower level associates. This job class requires knowledge of intermediate accounting and/or tax principals of which would be derived from several years of experience as an Experienced Associate and the ability to assign work, manage progress and meet deadlines. The Senior Associate is responsible for utilizing research skills, applying tax foundation knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing, participating in tax planning, recognizing and communicating potential risks, preparing tax accrual workpapers and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review.
- Leading Managing and Holding People Accountable (LMA)
- Learn and begin to apply growth process (participates in assigned RC, pipeline support, COPs, etc.)
- Supervises the engagement (job) project management, billing, ensures QC (technical) standards
- Takes care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication)
- Develops engagement team (prepares seniors to the next level)
- Understand and be able to explain the reasons behind the firm’ s policies, procedures and practices and project management techniques.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise lower level associates
- Ensure all work papers are complete, consistent, and contain procedures performed, evidence obtained, and conclusions reached.
- Acquire skills (and/or refine) necessary to develop quality client relationships.
- Identify key issues facing clients and discuss possible solutions to increase quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrate complete command of all firm software.
- Develop a command of GAAP, GAAS, and any other common audit/tax techniques.
- Exhibit strong communications skills (verbal; written; presentation) with lower level associates, management/partners, and clients.
- Provide timely performance and behavior feedback to lower level associates via verbal discussions and/or evaluations.
- Minimum of 2, but typically 3 +, years of experience in public accounting, corporate accounting and/or tax accounting required.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in accounting OR Bachelor’ s Degree plus requisite accounting coursework.
- CPA preferred, if not a CPA, must meet educational requirements and actively sitting for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location
- Ability to be flexible in changing work priorities and handle numerous projects at the same time.
- Ability to act in a responsive manner to client inquires and requests; escalate the more difficult issues as necessary.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience preparing and reviewing of tax provisions preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook), and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tax research databases such as BNA and RIA Proficient in all tax compliance process software including GoFileRoom, GoSystemRS, Caseware, BNA Depreciation Software, or comparable programs and standard tax workpapers
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professional
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills