2050 Main St., 7th Floor Irvine, CA 92614 US
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
Recently named a BEST PLACE TO WORK nationwide,
We believe that creating a caring, friendly and warm family environment for our employees helps them love coming to work to do an extraordinary job.
We support our staff by providing ongoing training programs, excellent technical resources, close interaction among partners and clients, a competitive compensation and benefits package, advancement opportunities, and a team-oriented working environment.
Our Irvine office is currently seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, high-energy individual to join our Firm as a Senior in our Tax department.
Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more assistants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting, auditing, and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures to verify accuracy and validity of client’ s financial matters.
- Prepares complicated tax returns, and returns on dissolution or liquidation.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, or Partner.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Drafts reports including footnotes.
- Proactively takes ownership of projects, seeing them through to ultimate completion & delivery to client.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Supervises staff accountants and assistants with assignments, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- Proactively shares knowledge and takes ownership of developing people.
Requirements - Minimum Qualifications:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge, auditing, and accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, or Master’ s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Either hold a current and valid CPA’ s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Explore various industries area working towards developing an area of specialization or niche practice
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and increased responsibilities.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.