Senior Tax Manager
1450 Brickell Avenue Miami, FL 33131
Ranked nationally as a Top 40 accounting and advisory firm
More than 600 highly qualified employees serve domestic and international clients across a broad range of industries and practices from our offices across the country. We offer a complete portfolio of services including assurance, tax and accounting, advisory, private client wealth, and technology consulting. We are known for our expertise, reputation, hands-on service to our clients, and commitment to our community.
As a firm we work hard but also know how to play hard too! We attend sporting events which include baseball, basketball, football, and hockey for our local teams. In addition, we get together for " Happy Hour" (it' s more than just an hour) throughout the year.
We believe in developing and mentoring our employees as for selfish reasons, we want you to stay! Therefore, we invest in you by tapping into your growth potential. Sky' s the limit here!
As a Tax Senior Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing tax planning. You will also be responsible for the compliance function on clients including supervising the preparation and technical review of corporate, partnership and personal income tax returns.
- Identify and implement tax planning and consulting opportunities.
- Prepare and review the client tax calculations.
- Review tax returns, extensions and estimate tax payments.
- Understand client tax accrual positions and deferred income tax accounting.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
- Responsible for supervising and mentoring seniors and displaying innovative leadership.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies.
- Research and consult on complex tax matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degrees in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- CPA required
- Five+ years of progressive experience in public accounting
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in working with flow through entities and high net worth individuals
- Work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites