Senior Tax Manager - Tax Principal
1460 Maria Lane Suite 360 Walnut Creek,, CA 94596
Tax Senior Manager
Walnut Creek CPA firm is looking for a Senior Tax Manager
• Manage the timely delivery of federal and state compliance filings for REITs, complex tiered partnership structures, corporations, individuals and trusts.
• Oversee timely completion of quarterly and year-end REIT qualification testing, earnings and profits calculations and dividend taxability disclosures.
• Routinely consult with clients on various tax and real estate issues, including quarterly estimated tax payment and state tax withholding calculations.
• Develop client relationships and respond to client needs.
• Have a thorough understanding of both accounting and income tax compliance issues associated with real estate.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years of technical tax experience
• Proficient in the taxation of partnerships, limited liability companies and other similar flow-through entities
• Knowledgeable on Real Estate Investment Trust tax issues
• Master' s degree in Taxation is preferred
• Licensed CPA
• Big 4 or other national accounting firm experience preferred
• Experience in the private sector is a plus
• GoSystems tax preparation software familiarity and advanced Excel skills preferred.
• Excellent analytical skills and judgment
• Strong team player with emphasis on the continued growth and development of team members.
• Teach and mentor junior staff.
• Have strong proven engagement management skills.
The ordinance requires employers to state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative