Tax Accountant - REIT
515 S. Flower Street, 44th Floor, Los Angeles, California 90071
Tax Accountant – Los Angeles, CA
Our client leading global real estate and investment management firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California with 14 offices in 10 countries.
We are seeking a Tax Accountant candidate with 1-3 years accounting and tax experience.
Responsible for assisting Tax Manager in all aspects of tax reporting, including preparing various reports and schedules for income tax compliance and income tax accounting (ASC 740). Perform basis research, assist in tax planning activities, and complete other projects as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform REIT tests and REIT administration activities
- Prepare and/or review federal and state tax returns and work papers, including estimates and extensions
- Prepare projected taxable income calculations
- Prepare nonresident partner withholding tax calculation and related forms
- Review tax depreciation and prepare reconciliation of fixed asset accounts
- Prepare and maintain “ permanent schedules”, including tax bases analysis, 704(c), cumulative book/tax differences, earnings and profits, etc.
- Prepare income tax provision, deferred tax analysis, FIN 48 and tax related financial disclosures
- Prepare and maintain tax financials
- Assist in all tax compliance activities including interaction with outside accounting firms for certain outsourced returns
- Substantial interaction with accounting and other departments especially in regards to data collection
- Assist in advising management on miscellaneous tax matters including acquisition and liquidation analysis and other project as necessary
- Federal and state tax research as necessary
- Assist with tax audits as necessary
- Achieve and maintain a working knowledge of the business operations
- Demonstrates behaviors which are aligned with the organization’ s desired culture and value
- BA in Accounting required. CPA is a plus
- 1 - 3 years of accounting and tax experience. Experience in both private industry and public accounting is a plus
- Experience in corporate and partnership income tax matters
- Knowledge or experience with ASC 740, SOX, and SEC reporting is a plus
- Familiarity with REIT, registered investment companies, and multi-states tax is a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office computer skills, including Excel & Word
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, team player with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical and sound judgment skills
We are seeking qualified candidates available to start immediately.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/