Tax Accounting Manager, Federal & State
207 Goode Ave, Glendale, CA 91203
Tax Manager, Federal & State
Our Client is a global multibillion consumer goods company.
We are looking for a Tax Manager, Federal & State, to join their fast growing world class tax department
- Assist in the preparation and filing of the U.S. consolidated federal (including forms 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118, etc.) and state tax returns, related schedules, reconciliations, and related reports in compliance with the law, while minimizing the tax liability and safeguarding the company’ s assessments.
- Assemble, maintain and analyze tax information used in the preparation of municipal, state and federal tax returns. Keep informed of tax laws, regulations and rulings pertaining to all income taxes.
- Coordinate and manage the IRS CAP audit and assist with state and local tax audits.
- Assist with preparation of the U.S. GAAP quarterly and annual U.S. tax provision including valuation allowance analysis and documentation of uncertain tax positions
- Help manage and coordinate with external consultants on tax projects, including Section 199, R&D credit, UNICAP, ASC 718 stock comp, fixed assets depreciation, etc.
- Assist with tax planning and special projects, including cash tax minimization, foreign tax credit utilization, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
This role requires:
- Deep technical knowledge of U.S. federal and state tax laws
- Strong tax research skills using RIA/CCH/BNA
- Detail oriented and strong organization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with auditors, consultants, and various functions within Avery
- Other duties as assigned
- Typically possesses 5+ years of experience with a publicly traded corporation and/or Big 4/national accounting firm
- Bachelor' s Degree and CPA required; Master’ s degree in Tax preferred
- U.S. international tax experience preferred
- OneSource Income Tax RS software experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, auditing and problem solving skills. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is essential
- Excellent knowledge of applicable state, regional and country tax laws and regulations
- Other Software: Hyperion HFM, Oracle, and MS Excel
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/