Tax Accounting Manager
1501 Regents Blvd., Suite 100 Fircrest, Washington 98466
CPA TAX MANAGER
our client is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and energetic Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple tax engagements to deliver quality tax services to our clients.
The Tax Manager will build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise; review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, fiduciary/trust returns, and exempt organizations; perform tax research; provide innovative tax planning; identify and mitigate task risks; train and supervise tax staff and assess their performance; manage and coordinate tax audits; and improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
A successful candidate for the Tax Manager role will have experience conceptualizing, developing, and monitoring the work flow for tax preparation in a public accounting setting.
Managers are expected to develop their own professional networks.
This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership, training and mentoring younger staff, and partnership potential.
- 6 weeks Compensated Time Off annually
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (with PPO Medical Plan)
- Health Savings Account (with High Deductible Medical Plan)
- Professional Licensing and CPE paid for by the firm
- 7 holidays per year
- BS in Accounting or MS in Taxation
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of very recent experience within a CPA firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Detail oriented and highly analytical
- Experience with state and federal tax audits
- Research proficiency using RIA and CCH platforms
- Superior accounting and analytical skills
Proficiency using Engagement, Excel, Word and Outlook