21860 Burbank Boulevard Woodland Hills, CA 91367
We are looking for a Director of Tax to join our property team. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established investment company.
Responsibilities & Job Duties include:
· Responsible for the supervision of the completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
· Responsible for the preparation of REIT tax compliance calculations and adherence to the REIT regulations of the Internal Revenue Code
· Responsible for the REIT’ s E&P Projections · Identify tax savings and other value-add taxation initiatives · Responsible for property tax functions.
· Responsible for the supervision of audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
· Supervise professional service providers.
· Liaison with investors regarding their tax estimated and K-1’ s
· Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’ s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’ s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
· JD and/or CPA preferred.
· Eight years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
· Thorough knowledge of REIT taxation rules and regulations
· Thorough knowledge of real estate partnership taxation
· Ability to research technical issues
· Ability to identify tax savings initiatives
· Ability to handle and maintain sensitive information with the highest level of confidentiality.
· Organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle a wide variety of assignments under deadline pressure.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with all Company departments.
· Motivated and hard-working professional with commitment to continuous improvement.
· Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Self-starter and leader with ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Company offers competitive salary and full benefits package.