123 Main Street Bristol, CT 06011
Seeking a talented, self-driven and high- energy individual to serve as Manager, Tax Reporting & Planning. As the Manager, you will be responsible for Assisting the VP, Tax and Treasury in the setting up of corporate tax policies and developing tax planning strategies to reduce overall tax expense and exposure. You will advise management on tax implications of transactions and recommend tax savings structure as well as working with operating groups in advising tax implications and developing and implementing tax savings. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced business environment, please submit your credentials for consideration.
- Assist VP, Tax and Treasury with implementation of corporate tax policy.
- Develop and implement tax planning strategy to reduce overall tax expense.
- Advise management on tax implications and recommend tax savings.
- Work with various businesses in advising tax implications of transactions and developing and implementing tax savings strategies.
- Assist other Tax managers and staff with regard to tax reporting and planning.
- Manage computation of annual and quarterly consolidated income tax provisions and the calculation of the effective tax rate.
- Compose footnotes for annual reporting process and other financial documents as needed.
- Assure adherence to all internal tax regulations (i.e. work with international finance directors and external accounting firm) to ensure compliance at all levels.
- Review all international tax accounting procedures for compliance to U.S. GAAP reporting requirements.
- Interact and manage outside consultants for annual and quarterly audits and special projects
- 6+ years of applicable Tax experience, with a minimum of years in international tax.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in public accounting (Big 4 firm) preferred.
- Financial diagnosis and accounting skills while working close with corporate finance team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; solid research and computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to work well both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Effectively plan, prioritize projects including schedules, resource allocation, communication and cost.
- Exhibits sound judgement when making business decisions and balancing different needs.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various locations as required.
- Planning and organizing. Scheduling and monitoring; deadline-oriented. Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strategic planning; problem-analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking; judgement and decision-making. Dealing with complexity.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field
- Master Degree in Tax degree strongly preferred.