101 N. Brand Blvd., 11th Floor Glendale, California 91203
Our client is a well-known tech company located near Burbank, CA that is in rapid growth mode.
Business and finance go hand-in-hand. That’ s why we believe in recruiting well-rounded individuals who not only have the financial expertise and experience, but also have a business-minded vision. If you’ ve got both plus strong analytical skills and can think strategically inside and outside of the box, we’ re looking for individuals like you to join our growing Finance Team.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our Finance team. We are seeking a highly-motivated professional with experience in income tax including multi-state income and sales and use taxes. Experience will also include assessing key tax issues and researching tax issues in income and sales and use taxes. This position will report to the Director of Tax and will have frequent interaction with all departments.
What you’ ll do:
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly sales tax, excise tax and gross receipts tax returns for multiple states.
- Filing of escheatment returns and research of escheatment issues
- Assist with various ad hoc tax projects, tax audits and initiatives.
- Research various sales and use tax issues to ensure compliance with changing regulations and rules.
- Provide support and preparation of schedules with outside tax advisors for the information necessary to complete preparation of federal, state, and local tax returns and estimated tax payments as well as the apportionment schedules for the tax provision.
- Assist Tax Director with responses to Federal and State notices and audit requests as needed.
- Assist with sales tax accruals and other analysis on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide support and assistance with preparation of supporting schedules for the tax provision ASC 740.
- Assist with tax issues related to stock option exercises.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field (Must have taken specific courses related to taxation.)
- 3- 5 years of experience in corporate taxation, preferably some of the experience in Public Accounting with emphasis in State tax including sales and use tax
- Excellent business writing and communication skills.
- Advanced excel skills
- Software knowledge of Prosystem and Vertex would be preferred but not required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/