111 Pacifica Suite 320 Irvine, CA 92618-4255
The firm is a leading mid-market CPA firm with a great reputation and work environment. The firm is growing rapidly and looking to add a Tax Manager to the team to provide leadership to multiple engagements.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for Business Development while overseeing teams in the preparation of Federal and State tax returns, both individual and corporate returns, as well as other tax issues, such as tax planning, research and provide leadership to staff members.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Perform extensive tax research on complex tax issues
• Manage engagement team members to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks and be a resource for team members
• Excellent communication with client to ensure proper engagement outline
• Review both individual and corporate tax returns on various issues, such as Federal & State income tax returns. Compensation for the Tax Manager will be commensurate with experience.
Background Job Requirements for the Tax Manager include:
• Master’ s degree in Accounting
• 5+ years tax experience in a public accounting firm
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to make decisions regarding accounting and tax matters
• Ability to perform and direct multiple engagements
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Ability to manager, lead, and train people
• Extensive knowledge of S-Corp and partnership returns