4507 Gateside Drive Los Angeles, CA 90032
Our client is a diversified real estate development and management group of companies and partnerships. Its focus is to expand its portfolio of proven and well-located properties.
This position is responsible for leading a recently created tax department in preparing partnership tax returns and K-1s and providing tax management for a privately held $4 billion real estate company.
Advanced technical skills in a variety of partnership and real estate tax areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills, are required.
- Lead the company’ s a tax department.
- With the oversight of the company’ s external tax accountants, lead the tax department in the preparation of 130-200 partnership tax returns per year.
- Research tax issues, develop potential tax positions, and prepare technical memorandums related to transactions and positions taken by the company.
- Supervises professionals and staff of the Tax Department in accordance with the organization’ s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Prepare tax projections for the company’ s LLC’ s, Corporations, partnerships and tenants in common owners.
- Perform basis analysis for the purchase or sale of long-held assets.
- Perform and/or oversee the calculation of debt financed distributions, Section 754 adjustments, and Section 743 adjustments.
- Reports to the Vice President of Finance.
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, business, or graduate degree in taxation (MBT or MST).
- CPA certification required.
- At least six years of experience in preparing and/or leading in the preparation of business tax returns.
- Partnership tax understanding required with experience in the preparation of dozens of partnership tax returns of varying difficulty including LLC’ s, Limited partnerships, and Tenant In Common ownership structures.
- Familiar with advanced tax research software tools with preferably an advanced understand of CCH ProSystems fx Tax.
- Strong technical understanding in real estate tax issues preferred. This includes being well versed in issues related to real estate transactions – IRC Sections 1031, 704, 743, and 754.
- Experience in tax planning and structuring.
- Ability to work in team environment on important matters with short lead times.
- Strong sense of accountability with a willingness to commit to and complete what is required.
- Supervisory experience with the ability to coach and mentor team members to work together to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Intermediate level of Outlook, MS Word and Excel skills required.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/