111 North Sepulveda Blvd. Suite 310 Manhattan Beach, California 90266
Tax Manager CPA
$80, 000 - $120, 000 a year
Currently seeking an experienced Tax Manager to join our growing boutique firm in the South Bay. If you are looking for a new route on your career path, we may have the right accounting position for you.
Our specialties limited Compilations, Reviews and Taxation (including international tax, Multi-state & local tax, Trust and Estate) specializes in S-Corp and Partnership taxation.
We try to provide a flexible work schedule and encourage a work-life balance being in the beach community.
Job Function Overview:
As a Tax Manager, you will lead, manage and review multiple tax engagements and strive to deliver quality tax services for our clients who are mainly in the real estate, entertainment, professional services, and technology. This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement as future partner for the right candidate.
Job duties include:
- Presentation and detail review of federal and state income tax returns for individuals, and diverse business entities, including corporations (C and S), limited liability companies, partnerships, trusts, estates, and foundations.
- Proactive tax planning and coordination of tax strategies with the client and engagement team.
- Correspondence with the client and tax authorities, preparation of internal memos.
- Complex tax research in response to client tax matters and preparation of research memos.
- Management of multiple clients, monitoring budgets and production goals.
- Training, mentoring, and providing guidance to staff.
- Building of new and existing client relationships, demonstrating knowledge of client’ s business.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related equivalent.
- CPA Certification REQUIRED (MST/MBT a plus).
- 5+ years of tax accounting experience with a public accounting firm.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years), including experience in reviewing staff.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in tax software, Excel, and Word.
- Strong research skills and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices within with the specializations of pass-through entities, K-1s and estate and trusts or international tax.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
We have assembled a competitive compensation package to reward our employees for their efforts, commitment and expertise. Salary is commensurate with experience. We also offer a casual dress atmosphere and a first-rate compensation package:
- Generous personal days off (PDO) and paid holiday policy
- Flex time and pay for tax season extra hours
- Paid training opportunities and continuing professional education
- Reimbursement of professional membership fees