Palos Heights, IL 60463
Major provider of financial services (Business Counseling, Bookkeeping, Payroll, Tax Preparation and Advisory Services) to small businesses and their owners, provides the financial back office infrastructure to clients, allowing them to focus on what they do best: serve their customers to grow their business.
Global Services Firm with a Local Presence
- Are you looking for an outstanding opportunity to grow within a successful global accounting firm?
- Are you a natural mentor, enjoying training and fostering people to support you and the company’ s goals?
- Do you have a passion for people, accounting and tax?
- Do you lead by action?
Look no further…
The Manager is responsible for all branch activity and day to day team leadership. General responsibilities include managing the relationship with clients and staff to ensure that work deliverables reach the client on time and to coordinate the process to make it occur. The Manager is responsible for budgeting the work and employee billable time utilization verifying that the proper mix of staff are assigned, work is completed timely and that the pricing of engagement services is agreed to and paid when due. Administrative duties include evaluating staff performance, hiring, promoting and firing decisions, altering assignments when conflicts arise, and mentoring staff.
In addition to supervising day to day operations, the Manager shall review the work of staff, provide hands on technical GAAP accounting and IRC tax training and ensure work is completed in accordance with quality control standards. The Manager will serve as the “ go to” person for technical research and answers to employee and client questions. The position requires generating billable client hours performing value-added financial reporting, accounting, payroll, tax and business advisory services to corporate, partnership, LLC, nonprofit, estate and trust entities and individuals in a multi-state environment over various industries.
The Manager is accountable for the office P&L and achieving revenue targets. The Manager shall have the responsibility for business development with the objective to grow and develop the client base, services and new business opportunities. The Manager will work with the Regional Manager to prepare an annual budget and business plans.
Experience, Desired Skills, Attributes
- 15+ years’ work experience in a public accounting or private company accounting/tax department or self-employed CPA practitioner (or any combination of the three)
- Work experience includes income tax compliance, planning, research and taxpayer representation for corporate, individual, partnership, LLC, nonprofit, estates and trusts as well as multi-state income tax filing requirements
- Work experience includes monthly general ledger bookkeeping, account analysis, bank reconciliations, payroll, sales tax, personal property tax and financial statement reporting
- Working knowledge of Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of accounting and tax software applications such as QuickBooks, ProSeries, CCH Axcess
- Proven management skills to develop, supervise and mentor a team of professionals
- Proven business development skills and past track record of generating new revenue
- Proven writing skills to prepare complex financial reporting and advisory reports for client engagements
- Proven practical problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects for multiple clients
- Proven ability to handle a high-volume workload at a high level of efficiency including monitoring production and payroll processing; answering technical processing and accounting/tax questions; and client reporting
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Has a natural leader’ s presence with an unrivaled ability to work with peers, staff and senior management collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- Has an entrepreneurial drive
- Has strong verbal and written communication skills among various stakeholders
- Has exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Has a history of building relationships with clients and colleagues
- Is a detail-oriented leader and individual contributor with the ability to “ think outside the box”
- Possesses an unquestionable level of integrity and respects quality assurance requirements
- Is committed to fostering and advancing the current corporate culture
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- BA or MA in Accounting, Tax or Finance
- Master of Science Degree in Taxation (MST) a plus
- CPA required
- CGMA a plus
- Active Licensed Certified Public Accountant in Illinois required
- Active PTIN required