Seattle, WA 98101
This position will oversee sales and use and other non-income business tax compliance and will work with the Director, Tax and others to ensure the delivery of high quality compliance and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review sales and use and other business tax returns and manage and/or implement processes and documentation that will ensure proper compliance with taxing authorities.
- Monitor sales and use tax developments that may impact the company and implement changes in the compliance process to accommodate any changes in applicable tax laws.
- Manage the monitoring of tax codes, cases, rulings, statutes, etc. that impact the Tax Decision Matrix and other non-income business tax filings.
- Monitor and maintain internal controls, reports, and relevant tax accounting.
- Assist the Director with tax planning to minimize taxes within legal limits.
- Manage examination issues, including research and formulation of responses.
- Manage tax refund issues, including research and formulation of responses
- Manage special projects.
- Manage1-7 Direct Reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to meet goals individually and in a teammate environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for management and coordination of multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Proven ability to motivate others in order to achieve tasks and goals.
- Demonstrated aptitude to effectively handle teammate interpersonal situations.
- Proficient in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve the overall Mission.
Here is what you can expect when you join us:
- A " community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, with emphasis in Accounting.
- Minimum of six years of corporate business tax experience.
- Prior supervisory or manager experience.
- Strong tax research skills.
- Significant experience with sales and use tax planning and compliance for a large company.
- State and local examination experience.
- Prefer experience with Vertex Indirect Tax O Series tax system.
- Public accounting experience and CPA highly desired.
- Performance and behavior reflect the Mission and Core Values.