13801 Ventura Boulevard Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Excellent opportunity for a Tax Manager, with a minimum of five years of tax experience, who brings solid theoretical skills and a love for learning. Our 37 person, and growing, entertainment Business Management Firm has significant exposure to complex and international clients. You would be joining a three person business management tax practice that is complimented by three tax practitioners who service our non? entertainment high net worth clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your job will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Leading and managing multiple tax engagements that integrate tax efficiency with long? term tax planning strategies.
· Presenting federal and state income tax returns and explaining tax strategies to our engagement team and often our clients.
· Working with all types of business entities including corporations (C, S, LLC), partnerships, trusts, estates, fiduciary, exempt organizations and foundations.
· Identifying industry/client tax planning opportunities and issues.
· Facilitating complex tax research, working with outside tax specialty law firms and establish tax strategies in response to client business opportunities.
· Advise regarding IRS and state issues, and respond to correspondence and audits.
· Management of multiple clients, monitoring budgets and production goals.
· Correspondence with the client(s), and preparation of internal memos.
· Primarily reviewing tax returns and sometimes preparing tax returns when appropriate.
· Assisting with interim tax projections and year end closeouts.
· Handling tax notices, property tax situations, sales and use tax audits, business tax audits, etc.
· Implementing tax advice to respond to new legislation and planning.
· Providing supervision, training, mentoring and guidance to Tax staff.
· Providing administrative assistance with the Manager of the Tax Department.
Qualifications and Skills
· Licensed to practice as a CPA in California
· BA Degree· Tax Experience with a Big 4, Regional or large local CPA Firm.
· Significant experience with pass? through entities (Partnerships, LLC’ s, and S Corps)
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting, with at least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role
· Strong tax preparation and detailed review experience.
· In depth knowledge and experience of tax concepts related to individuals, corporations, partnerships, estate sand trusts with a willingness to continue your tax knowledge growth with our company funded education program.
· Tax research skills, consultation and advice.
· Proficient with CCH ProSystem FX Tax and ProSystem Engagement or comparable systems.
· Great time management and motivational skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as skilled in problem solving and organization.
· Works well within a team environment.