Tax Senior - Tax Supervisor
21515 Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 1200 Torrance, CA 90503
Tax Senior - Tax Supervisor CPA
Wealth management advisory firm serving predominately high net worth individuals.
We are seeking an Tax Senior CPA for our Torrance, CA office. The Tax Senior CPA is responsible for tax services provided to clients such as federal and state tax preparation, tax projections and analysis. This position may involve client facing activities providing comprehensive tax services to existing clients, assisting our advisors and financial planning team with strategic tax planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in internal strategy discussions for clients, collaborate with advisor teams and planning departments to address tax services objectives.
· Prepare tax returns, dealing with state taxing authorities tax research projects and department projects.
· Prepare tax projections, net worth, cash flow, investment planning, insurance summaries and investment and other tools for use in wealth planning engagements.
· Assist in firm wide initiatives developing tax services, building firm relationships, supporting business development and client retention activities.
· Participate in firm marketing initiatives, including client and prospective client seminars, writing articles and blogs, and other activities.
· Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature as necessary in order to achieve the firms business development and client retention objectives.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform business functions with focus on consistency, quality, and compliance
· Working knowledge of tax preparation; preferably 3+ years of experience working with fiduciary, partnership, corporate, and individual taxation
· Licensed: Certified Public Accountant
· Other credentials: JD, Master of Taxation or CFP not required, but a plus.
· Proficient with tax preparation software such as Ultra Tax, Profx or Go Systems
· Proficient with tax research using either Checkpoint, CCH or Bloomberg Tax
· Proficient with tax planning software such as BNA or Income Planner CS
· Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Extremely detail oriented, exceptional follow through, reliable
· Ability to maintain positive attitude, self-motivated, ethically sound judgement
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work well with all levels of the firm, team player
· Ability to work independently and exercise discretion without direct and immediate supervision