990 Reserve Dr # 120, Roseville, California 95678
Senior Tax Accountant
To plan, prepare, review and anticipate all assigned financial reports and projects of assigned clients. Assignments will include audit, review, compilation and preparation of current and prospective financial reports, review of financial reports, special accounting related projects, as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the preparation of assigned financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, and reports to shareholders. Must work in collaboration with Tax and Consulting departments on specific engagements.
- Must comment and proactively review assigned client’ s cash flow to optimize return on capital, financial reports and financial analysis and provide professional commentary on client’ s cash sufficiency and internal controls.
- Oversees assignments such as, budget preparation, and other cash functions. Meets regularly with department heads (Accounting, Tax and Consulting) including Partners and Project Manager and to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Analyzes client operations and offers advice to Partner in charge of Department or Case or Senior in Charge of department and identifies opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
- Confers with Senior in Charge of Accounting Department on a regular documented basis.
- Reviews Staff work and evaluates capabilities of staff, offers clear feedback, constructive criticism and is a respectful and encouraging member of accounting department.
- Treats all employees, clients and client prospects professionally and courteously at all times.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Prepare client’ s annual, quarterly or monthly financial statements
Prepare quarterly and annual tax forms for clients
Prepare individual and corporate tax returns
Assist clients with payroll, 1099’ s and 571-L, etc.
Follow through with clients case from start to finish
Review individual and corporate tax returns
Prepare W-2’ s to clients whom need this service
Prepare sales tax returns
Represent individual clients under an IRS Audit
Research tax codes and regulations
Assist staff and clients with E-File procedures
Mentor interns and new position staff
Set clients up with bookkeeping skills and software
Field and answer client questions regarding tax returns, financial statements, etc.
Seek and provide solutions for clients problem areas
Assist Accounting and Tax Managers with all duties
Provide audit services when instructed
Planning & Directing
- Timely work accomplishment
- Accuracy in performance
- Relationship sensitivity
- Anticipation of need - forecasting
- Skill understanding
Motivating & Communicating
- Clarity of responsibilities
- Work together effectively
- Focused and committed people
- Forward looking, anticipating next steps
- Inspired enthusiasm
- Supportive attitudes
- CPA license or candidate (preferred)
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems to supply the most accurate financial information.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in respective field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- A team player with high relationship skills.
- On-time to client and company site, work and meetings
- Keeps Senior In charge of Department and Partner informed of whereabouts during work hours within reason either via email, face to face or phone.
- If there is a perceived problem or concern encountered or perceived, proactively set up a meeting with appropriate parties to solve problem or concern.
- Returns phone calls and E-mails no later than 24 hours from initial contact
- Seeks to proactively advance knowledge in profession
- Seeks to learn the business aspects of a professional accounting firm to become a Manager
- Keeps all company and client information confidential at all times
COMPENSATION: commensurate with experience
Benefits include competitive salary, paid holidays, medical benefits, PTO, and retirement plan with employer match.