2980 Columbia Street Torrance, CA 90503-3806
Senior Tax Accountant
Our client has immediate opening for a Tax Senior Associate.
- Tax seniors are responsible for tax compliance, associate development, management of client relationships, and some direct client contact.
- Seniors are expected to competently handle a wide variety of tax compliance issues
- Tax Seniors contribute to activities at the senior level including interfacing with associates for project management, time management, and general supervision and guidance
- They are responsible for keeping current on and possessing sound knowledge of Taxation Codes and Regulations
- They will participate in training and developing staff and building a team-centered client service team; monitor client issues related to compliance services and maintain a consistently high quality tax solution; and monitor engagement status and profitability as well as attending to clients expectations
- Seniors will be responsible for preparing and reviewing federal and state tax returns for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations, and individuals
- Other tax compliance responsibilities may include IRS audit assistance, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
- Minimum 3 years Public Accounting experience with a tax focus and supervisory experience
- Bachelor’ s degree required; Master’ s degree in Accounting, Masters of Taxation or related field desirable
- CPA certification or ability to obtain certification is required
- High degree of self-motivation and self-investment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including effective English language speaking and writing skills
- Committed to excellence and dedication
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Possesses excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Able to effectively communicate with clients and team-members
- Displays sound business and professional judgment
- Possesses initiative, is proactive and a self-starter
- Works well under pressure and client deadlines
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.