VP, Audit - Technology
New York, NY 10001
VP, Audit - Technology
Leading publicly traded investment management firm Role Description The Technology Audit Vice President will be responsible for contributing to enhancement of the audit process which drives value added and impactful assurance over all aspects of the firm’ s technology platform, supporting the integrated investment platform – Aladdin and underlying components. This role will play a meaningful part in providing audit assurance and advisory input surrounding the firm’ s application technology and related risks and controls. The candidate will report to the Director of Technology Audit. This role will be based in New York. Some travel will be required, approximating 20%, primarily within the United States. Responsibilities The Technology Audit Vice President will play a critical role within the global technology audit team and will be expected to contribute significantly to strategic planning, process innovation, and assurance/advisory project execution of the Global team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Planning, scoping and execution of the technology focused audits, as well as technology control components of business integrated audits.
- Leadership and mentoring of junior staff as well as hands-on execution accountability to meet planned audit timelines
- Active participation in department-wide strategic initiatives aimed at optimizing technology control activities and processes
- Audit planning, ongoing business engagement activities and risk assessments
- Identification of key control issues and emerging risks; working with management to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Building strong relationships within the audit group, the technology organization management, other business partners
- Collaboration with other Corporate risk and control functions to coordinate audit and planning related activities
- Providing timely and candid feedback and coaching to staff
- Effective management of resources to optimize productivity, meeting training and development needs, and delivering high quality, value-added assurance and advisory services.
- 6+ years of strong experience, including leadership, in technology audit or related fields
- Hands-on experience with application and business integrated audits and supporting systems including databases, messaging platforms and application server components
- Understanding of asset management products and business processes preferable
- Hands on technology development experience preferred
- Strong project management, organizational skills and presentation skills
- Experience managing teams of skilled professionals
- Excellent communication, impact and influence and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering or a technology field
- BA/BS is required
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CEH.