Accountant - Account Manager - Business Manager
13801 Ventura Boulevard Van Nuys, CA 91423
Business Management - Full Charge Account Manager
The Account Manager performs a variety of confidential and complex accounting and administrative duties. The Account Manager acts as the defacto " Controller" for all clients on their desk handling and overseeing daily and routine tasks as well as responding to client' s special needs and requests.
Account Managers ensure the efficient operation of the clients that are assigned to them and the direct supervision of an assistant(s). The Account Manager will interact directly with Management Team and Partners in meeting the needs of the daily business requirements.
The Account Manager will interact with peers in both Business Management and Tax Department offering support and backup when required or as workload dictates on a seasonal basis.
- Provides professional and prompt attention to clients - Client Service is a Core Value.
- Performs all financial reporting functions including monthly cash flows, contract analysis and supervision of all functions relative to cash receipts and disbursements.
- Assists in the preparation of meeting packages and attends client meetings regarding financial projections, financial investments, contracts, insurance analysis and other matters as directed by the Management Team.
- Coordinate deadlines and interact with the Tax Department relative to due dates as they relate to the clients on their desk.
- Attends meetings as set and directed by Management.
- Conducts weekly meetings with their assistant(s) in order to manage the pending project list and prioritize the workload on their respective desks.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have Finance, Business or Associates Degree and/or comparable experience.
- Must have professional business management and/or accounting firm experience and the ability to work with high profile/high net worth individuals/clients and top level management and executives.
- Must have excellent computer (Microsoft Office) and typing skills in a setting with many interruptions.
- Must have a strong knowledge of computerized accounting software.
- Must be able to take notes, read handwritten drafts and handle verbal instructions with little supervision.
- Must have a sound knowledge and ability in business correspondence and an ability to proofread for grammar, spelling and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities through the day and the week.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse individuals.
- Must have the ability to handle calmly and efficiently situations ranging from routine to emergency.
- Excellent memory and organizational ability, in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal function of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility.
It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equlaize busy season periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.