1317 E 7th St Los Angeles, CA 90021 US
Our Client is a nationally recognized nonprofit corporation that produces, preserves, and operates supportive housing in and around downtown Los Angeles. They serve the poorest and most vulnerable people in Los Angeles, including homeless individuals and those who may become homeless. Our VISION is that all residents of downtown Los Angeles have a home that is affordable and safe.
Working under the direction of the Director of Finance and Accounting and working closely with the Fund Development Manager and the Resident Services Manager, the Grants Accountant is responsible for post-award grant administration, managing grant records and reporting procedures and timetables, and other related accounting duties relating to allocating costs to the departments of the client and to its related entities. The Grants Accountant exercises independent judgment and discretion and is responsible for making recommendations to improve grant reporting procedures and compliance. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bachelor's degree and/or degree in accounting, finance or business preferred;
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience in governmental and private funders grants accounting and reporting.
- Working knowledge of intermediate accounting and government grant compliance procedures.
- Ability to analyze and monitor financial statements and budgets and other reports
- High level of competence with accounting spreadsheet, database and word processing programs required; knowledge of Yardi and/or QuickBooks software a plus.
- Computer literacy to include moderate to high typing skills, ability to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software, as needed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.