Accountant Senior Forensic
10960 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90024 US
Senior Forensic Accountant
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 100 firm nationally.
As part of their growth strategic plans, we are looking to fill an exceptional opportunity for an accountant with 3 to 5 years of general accounting, tax and audit experience who wants to break into the challenging field of forensic and management accounting.
They are a highly diverse practice which provides professional services in the areas of tax, commercial business services, insolvency, litigation, and forensic accounting.
Our ideal candidate is an individual who aspires to gain broad-based knowledge and experience in this multifaceted division of the company.
Our client merges the collegial atmosphere of a smaller firm with the resources, expertise, goals and corporate presence of a leading Southern California accounting firm. Their clients receive unparalleled service from a dedicated team of professionals who continually engage in rigorous training on the ever-changing developments in accounting regulations.
- Support the department's Directors and Managers in the areas of forensic and management accounting.
- Work will involve a broad range of accounting, tax and financial skills, along with exposure to a variety of companies, from small enterprises to large, corporate entities operating in a number of industries.
- This position requires generalized knowledge and experience in accounting, tax and audit, with an eye toward acquiring mastery in a variety of skill sets, including general and forensic accounting, tax and audit, and insolvency and litigation.
- Experience in all these areas is not essential for acceptance to the position; however, applicant must be willing to learn and gain proficiency in all practice areas to have a successful career in this division.
Work assignments may include the following:
- General accounting to assist clients in managerial oversight
- Forecasts, budgets and implementing improved accounting and financial systems
- Tax planning, forecasting, development of tax strategies and tax preparation
- Litigation support work involving a broad range of accounting activities, including forensic accounting investigations for recovery of assets, misappropriation of funds, fraud, and preparation of analytical data and reports to substantiate legal positions and litigation claims
- Bankruptcy, receivership and other insolvency work in connection with Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases, liquidations, reorganizations, preference and fraudulent conveyance actions, and other insolvency work.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to structure and perform a variety of financial projects, meet client expectations, and foster ongoing client relationships.
- Background in finance, accounting, or economics.
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proficient business writing, verbal communication, and people skills.
- Excel, QuickBooks and Microsoft Word proficiency.
- BA in finance or accounting
- MBA, CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in tax and general accounting.
- 3+ years of experience auditing financial statements.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2.
- Graduate work will count toward experience
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.