Accountant Senior Property
1317 E 7th St Los Angeles, CA 90021 US
Senior Property Accountant
Our client is a nationally recognized nonprofit corporation that produces, preserves, and operates supportive housing in and around downtown Los Angeles. They serve the poorest and most vulnerable people in Los Angeles, including homeless individuals and those who may become homeless. Our VISION is that all residents of downtown Los Angeles have a home that is affordable and safe.
The Senior Property Accountant will assist the Director of Finance and Accounting with accounting, cash management, payroll, budgets, audits, bookkeeping and financial reporting of the client's entities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required; and
- Minimum of 5-7 years professional experience, preferably in affordable housing, federal low-income housing and homeless services programs, construction accounting, nonprofit accounting, and property management.
- Have the ability to analyze and monitor financial statements and budgets and other reports.
- Computer literacy to include moderate to high typing skills, ability to work with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel and the ability to learn new software, as needed.
- High level of competence with accounting spreadsheet, database and word processing, knowledge of Yardi Voyager and/or QuickBooks software is required.
- Must review and analyze the monthly properties’ financial statements as prepared by the Staff Accountant.
- Must maintain financial records for the projects in development, and provide financial reports as needed by the Development Department.
- Correspond with outside auditors and tax professionals in preparing supporting schedules and providing other documentation as requested by auditors and tax professionals.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.