Accounting Associate (1 - 3 Years)
10866 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 650 Los Angeles, CA 90024 US
Company offers financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries. The Company has three core departments; Business Management, Accountancy, and Tax.
We are currently looking to appoint a new Accounting Associate to join the Los Angeles Accounting department. The Accounting Associate is responsible for assisting the production team with day-to-day bookkeeping duties for a number of assigned clients, including on-going support to new team members.
• Enter all company transactions in QuickBooks Online software.
• Reconciliation of expenses, petty cash, bank accounts and credit card statements
• Initiation and arranging payments
• Complete periodic payroll runs/filing for applicable clients
• Complete period end closing including the preparation of supporting schedules, reconciliations and analysis as required.
• Assisting in the preparation of timely information and liaising with other departments to ensure tax deadlines are met
• Assisting in the preparation of monthly and quarterly client reporting
• Mentoring, managing and train of Junior members of the team
• 1-3 years of professional experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
• A basic knowledge of US GAAP
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organization, communication and prioritization skills
• A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work to deadline on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
• Commercial awareness and desire to understand the client businesses
• Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook proficient
• Experience with Quickbooks Online
• Committed to further study towards a CPA qualification
• Entertainment/Music interest or experience