10866 WILSHIRE BLVD SUITE 650 LOS ANGELES, CA 90024 US
Company offering financial services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses within the music, entertainment, and sport industries.
We are seeking a hands-on Financial Accountant who will be responsible for managing a team, financial reporting and maintaining accounting processes. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a sense of ownership, great communication skills, and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Manages and reviews the books and records for a portfolio of key clients; including partnerships, LLCs, corporations, and sole proprietorships;
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts and financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP, and analytic reports for clients;
- Performs the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial close processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting for client;
- Monitors and reports financial performance with regard to bank covenants;
- Prepare financial modeling; experience in modeling a plus
- Designs, implement and maintain strong internal controls, processes and procedures;
- Responsible for managing deadlines and providing timely information to the tax and commercial departments;
- Assist in setting and monitoring budgets on client engagements;
- Actively manage, develop and train staff members.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- 7+ years of professional Accounting experience
- 3+ years experience in managing a team
- 2+ years experience in audit
- Must be a licensed CPA
- Possess a detailed knowledge of US GAAP and experience of tax compliance
- Must possess experience with working papers management and review and the preparation and review of year end working paper files
- Ideally have knowledge of working paper software such as CCH Engagement or Caseware
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with QuickBooks Enterprise and/or QuickBooks Online
- A proactive approach to tasks; the ability to work instinctively on projects and plan ahead for the needs of the client
- Organizational skills; scheduling and keeping deadlines not only personally but also for the department and client base
- Significant experience of managing a portfolio of SME clients for owner managed businesses
- Commercial awareness and the desire to understand the businesses within the client portfolio.
Additional Preferred Qualities
- Experience with CCH Axcess
- Masters Degree in Accounting, or equivalent