Accounting Manager Senior Tax
2301 Dupont Dr # 200, Irvine, CA 92612 US
Senior Tax Manager
Our client is a national accounting firm providing a full range of business services and solutions. They ranked as one of the top ten accounting services providers in the United States.
We are looking to place a Senior Tax Manager for a growing Tax practice in their Irvine, CA office.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management, and client service skills by:
- Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget
- Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
- Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
- Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly
- Owning client relationships and work
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning
- Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff
- Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture
- Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves
Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong technical and management skills, in addition to:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 8 years technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field
- 5 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
Come grow your career with us!
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.