Accounting Manager Tax
135 S. State College Blvd. Suite 300 Brea, CA 92821 US
Our client, a regional California CPA firm is seeking a dynamic Tax Manager to join their growing office
The Tax Manager will be responsible for owning the client relationships with a variety of clients within the practice.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing multiple teams and providing performance feedback to all members of those teams at the conclusion of engagements.
These areas include: agriculture, construction, dairy, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution. We build trusting relationships with all of our clients in order to execute the most effective strategies to help them achieve their goals. Dedication and experience in tax, assurance, and consulting services are a must.
We're looking for hardworking, inspiring people who truly want to see their clients succeed to join our team. We're grateful for your interest in becoming part of our professional family.
We are currently seeking a Tax Manager with broad based experience for our Brea, California office who possesses the essential functions, knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this position.
The Tax Manager is responsible for directing more than one engagement at a time and generally reports directly to the partner or director responsible for the engagement. One possessing top communication skills, providing direction and technical guidance to junior staff. Confidence to lead primary contact with clients, ability to resolve tax related matters, support and build key relationships. This position provides an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop judgment and breadth of experience needed to become a Senior Manager. If you want to be part of a dynamic team and culture where you are appreciated, than we'd like to hear from you.
- Maintain, develop and expand client relationships.
- Assist in the Firm’s administrative matters as directed.
- Fully administers client engagements as assigned.
- Communicate progress of work to partner(s)/Director.
- Prepare client billing information and assist in collection efforts.
- Develop new tax engagements from existing client work.
- Meet with prospective clients and attract them by demonstrating superior tax skills.
- Make recommendations to change policies or procedures to implement more effective department operations.
- Focus efforts on consulting with clients on moderate to complex issues; follow-up with innovative solutions to effectively meet and exceed client expectations.
- Manage all aspects of client projects, including but not limited to, delegating tasks and assisting with resolution of project issues.
- Act as a mentor to accounting staff while providing constructive feedback and identifying needs for professional development.
- Manage preparation of federal, multi-state, international corporate (consolidated and separate), partnership individual returns, net-for-profit, and others as required.
- Supervise and timely complete multiple engagements simultaneously including staffing selection and review.
- Complete complex tax planning research assignments with multiple alternatives and presentations to clients.
- Recognize and take advantage of practice development opportunities.
- Keep up with emerging tax rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be technically proficient in broad based areas of taxation.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience supervising and training Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills and strong organizational techniques are required
- Highly motivated.
- Capable of managing multiple client engagements in addition to completing tasks related to business development.
- Able to attain visibility and recognition within your industry specialization and in your local market.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required; Master's degree in Business Administration or Taxation a plus.
- Minimum of 7-years of experience gained within a public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant license required.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of MS Office (primarily Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Masters in Taxation is a plus.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/