Accounting Manager Tax
8105 Irvine Center Drive Suite 650 Irvine, CA 92618-3038 US
Our client is a highly regarded regional CPA firm providing audit, tax, and advisory services to a variety of business enterprises.
They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Tax Manager professional to be part of a growing team.
The manager in the tax department prepares complex tax returns, provides coaching to staff, and reviews tax returns prepared by others. In addition, the manager is responsible for overseeing client relationships in regard to tax matters, as well as coordinating the delivery of other services. The manager is responsible for developing business proposals and other supervisory administrative duties. The manager oversees a group of staff, and is responsible for managing their daily activities and career development.
All members of the engagement team are expected to demonstrate proficiency in each of the general categories shown below. For each general category, the responsibility of the tax manager is indicated.
Client Service – We believe in the power of solutions. We deliver value to every client through exceptional service and trusted advice. To accomplish this standard of client service, the responsibilities of the tax manager are:
- Develop a strong relationship with key client personnel and provide valuable ideas on an ongoing basis. Maintain contact with clients throughout the year. Possess a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s business.
- Proactively and effectively identify client’s needs. Provide professional services on a basis that is cost effective to the client and acceptable to the firm.
- Manage expectations of services including work products, timing, and value to be delivered. Plan, supervise, review, and control engagements of all sizes and complexities for tax compliance with all professional and firm standards. Supervise and work with internal staff and clients to plan engagement requirements, objectives, and strategies.
- Communicates with appropriate individuals within the firm, and documents the status of tax engagements. Keep partner informed on all important developments on engagement. Analyze problems and recommend viable solutions. Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to the client team.
- Bring unusual or significant accounting and tax related questions to the partner with proposed resolutions to those issues.
- Perform complex research in all areas of taxation, Coach others in performing research.
- Reviews complex tax returns for compliance and consulting.
- Perform as a Champion of the Firm’s client relations culture by coaching employees in the importance of the “Client first attitude” and by providing technical training in the use and application of the Firm’s policies, procedures, manuals, forms, and relevant software.
- Prepare billings for client. Take active role in engagement billing management.
- Performs required administrative functions, including niche activity.
Full-Service Results – The manager must be alert to the client’s needs for additional services, conveying opportunities to other members of the interdisciplinary teams.
New Business Acquisition – The manager is expected to develop the foundation for the acquisition of new business by engaging in the following activities:
- Under direction of a partner, expand personal marketing plan to include a full complement of marketing activities.
- Know the products of the Firm.
- Take responsibility for specific assignments within the office niche team.
- Expand external network of business referral resources.
- Take support role in new business presentations, assisting in developing proposals, and when requested, in presenting those proposals to prospects.
Staff Development – The supervisor is expected to pursue his or her own self development, as well as the development of other team members by engaging in the following activities:
- Participate in specialized technical training, developing technical skills that may be unique among the tax staff of the office.
- Take an active role in teaching technical matters and when requested serve as an instructor in the Firm’s internal CPE Program.
- Prepare for and participate actively in Firm sponsored and outside training; keeping current on general business and technical issues.
- Use a variety of resources to learn about and study business developments and technical innovations.
- Coach others in completing engagement requirements.
- Foster positive relationships between others in the office.
- Provide both formal and informal performance reviews to staff, reporting to partner or manager on staff progress and advice given.
- Participate, when requested, in the office recruiting program, demonstrating the self-presentation skills to be an effective representative of the Firm.
Technical, Industry or Functional Specialization
- Begin to develop a technical, industry, or functional concentration.
- Take responsibility for specific assignments within the office niche team. Professional/Community Involvement
- Participate, or actively seek participation in appropriate community, business, and professional organizations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in accounting or MBA in accounting/ taxation.
Experience: Must have experience in public accounting, preparing and reviewing complex business and individual income tax returns, and directing the work of others.
Skills and Licenses: CPA certification required.
- Proficient in use of computer and software applications.
- Ability to communicate technical written and verbal information with ease.
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience, to effectively deal with engagement situations that may involve controversy and influencing others.
Characteristics: Professional behavior and appearance. Honest and ethical with a strong work ethic. Proactive, resourceful, and client oriented. Acceptance and execution of job responsibilities within a team environment.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/