Accounting Manager Tax
515 S. Flower Street, 44th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90071 US
Tax Manager – Los Angeles, CA
Our client leading global real estate and investment management firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California with 14 offices in 10 countries.
The Tax Manager will primarily focus on meeting the Company’s tax compliance and reporting needs. This individual will be expected to assist the Tax Director in developing processes and procedures for the tax department, monitoring and complying with tax and accounting deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ASC740 preparation of deferred tax assets, valuation allowances, and rate reconciliations
- Review and approve tax related journal entries, reconciliation of the tax accounts and ensure the accuracy of required supporting documentation
- Conducts tax research and prepares quarterly tax footnote disclosures and tax discussion for the MD&A
- Assist with internal tax compliance controls for accuracy (SOX) and quarterly audit requests and other tax related requests
- Manage the delivery of quarterly taxable income estimates, tax payments & certain provisions
- Coordinate with service providers for preparation and delivery of required federal and multi-state income tax returns for numerous partnerships, REITs, LLCs; review related income tax workpapers prepared by service providers
- Assist with the maintenance of the fixed asset database
- Assist in resolution of federal, state and local tax notices and audits
- Perform research on various direct and indirect tax issues and prepare various tax filings
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- 4-year degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- 5+ years of public accounting tax experience or 6+ years of related experience (combination of public and private preferred)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Proficient with accounting for income taxes (ASC740) is a must
- Must be detail oriented, efficient and organized
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and manage upward to multiple individuals in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and propose solutions to complex tax issues
- Ability to multi-task and work in tight frames and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel at an advanced level
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and external vendors to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
- Typical Office Environment – no unusual exposures
- Occasional overtime and weekends required throughout the year
This job description represents the basic qualifications for the position.
We are seeking qualified candidates available to start immediately.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/