Audit Manager, Manufacturing & Distribution or Technolgy
1875 Century Park East Suite 850 Los Angeles, CA 90067 US
Audit Manager, Manufacturing & Distribution or Technology
We put people before processes, which empowers you to lead, to be innovative, and be an entrepreneur. In light of transformation that impacts so many areas of business, this is the right time for you to come and tell us what we need to do.
High-performing accounting, tax and consulting firm with significant national presence in strategic US geographies. Our dedicated professionals have leveraged technical industry expertise to develop customized solutions for clients in a broad array of industries, providing services to growth-oriented enterprises and individuals. We deliver seamless access to the expertise of 24,000 professionals in 90+ countries.
Our Audit practice seeks an experienced Audit professional with leadership skills and a passion for our profession to join our Audit team in the Los Angeles office. As an Audit Manager in this practice you will serve as a trusted adviser and member of the engagement team, providing various assurance and consulting services to large manufacturing, distribution and technology clients, and lead the resolution of complex accounting business issues that impact our clients’ financial situation.
The preferred location for this position is our Los Angeles office. However, this position can take place in any of our U.S. office locations.
Our firm has offered our employees the option to work remotely at this time.
- Lead multiple audit engagements and competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, interactive results-based environment
- Collaborate to plan audit objectives and determine an audit strategy that appropriately addresses risk that may impact a client's financial position
- Establish the expectations of the audit team and the value of client services to be delivered
- Identify accounting and audit risks using US GAAP, IFRS, US GAAS, IAS, and PCAOB auditing standards
- Manage all engagement fieldwork to ensure quality service and timely delivery of results
- Successfully manage the engagement team against the planned budget and alter the budget if required
- Anticipate client concerns and escalate significant issues to engagement partner as they arise
- Assist with managing client engagement administrative tasks including staffing, billing & collections, and ensure that profitability targets are being achieved
- Understand clients’ industries and recognize business trends, emerging industry and technical developments and key performance drivers impacting clients’ business
- Participate in the development and professional growth of other audit staff through knowledge sharing, on-site training, timely performance feedback, and other firm initiatives
- Serve as a trusted adviser to clients’ and begin to identify opportunities for expanded services
- Develop a strategy for successful long-term professional relationships and centers of influence to effectuate business growth
- Ensure self-professional development with technical specialization and on-going education
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or a Business-related field of study
- An active CPA license
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience providing financial audit services in a CPA firm, a professional services firm or a consulting practice
- Prior work experience developing and executing audit strategies for manufacturing, distribution, technology, large corporations, multi-national companies or SEC registrants
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, US GAAS, IAS and PCAOB AS
- Demonstrated success leading teams and mentoring other audit staff on multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of ProSystem Engagement and other audit preparation software programs
- A strong record of developing and sustaining profitable client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to various client locations as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available