Audit Manager Experienced
729 Mission Street Suite 100 South Pasadena, CA 91030-3071 US
Experienced Audit Manager
Our client is a full service public accounting firm that is consistently ranked as a top 40 CPA firms in Los Angeles County by the Los Angeles Business Journal
They are a large Pasadena-based CPA firm serving prestigious high-net worth clients and their closely-held business/family groups.
We consider ourselves a high level “boutique” CPA firm.
Among our tax team are two retired managing directors from "Big Four" Los Angeles tax departments.
We specialize in tax, audit, business management and insourced accounting services for a wide range of industries, nonprofit organizations, and individuals, with an emphasis on multi-level family and business groups.
We offer a desirable work environment with very competitive benefits/incentives package to top qualified candidate.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Our in-sourced accounting department, which services primarily private equity fund and not for profit clients, is looking for an Experienced Manager. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, review of quarterly and year-end consolidated GAAP financial statements, performance of technical accounting research and write-up, management of clients’ year-end audit and accounting processes, staff and project scheduling and management, overseeing the department administration, and assistance with ad hoc projects.
Position in Summary:
- Reviews consolidated GAAP financial statements, work papers, footnotes, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the quarterly and annual compilations.
- Performs technical accounting research on complex transactions and prepares documentation outlining issues and conclusions.
- Manages clients’ day-to-day and audit requests in a timely manner.
- Assigns, schedules, and manages projects to accomplish accurate and efficient client deliverables.
- Manages, trains, mentors, and motivates all levels of personnel in the department.
- Assumes a leading role in the recruiting and performance evaluations processes and developing training aids.
- Handles client billing function and assists in professional development projects.
- Facilitates department meetings and in-house training.
- Oversees the workflow in the department to ensure effective administration.
- Keeps the department director informed of personnel and client matters and project status.
- Establishes and maintains long-term professional relationships with clients through exceptional services.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA license.
- 6+ years of public accounting experience.
- 2+ years of managerial experience.
- Private equity fund experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective and efficient upward and downward communicator.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Innovative and forward thinking.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview.