18012 Sky Park Circle Suite 200
Full Job Description
Who we Are-
Full service, PCAOB registered CPA firm. Ranked as one of the Top 30 CPA Firms by the Orange County Business Journal, we have served both family owned and publicly traded businesses for over 30 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage client audit, review and compilation engagements, from planning and execution to financial statement issuance and audit wrap up.
- Have a strong understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Have a strong understanding of PCAOB and SEC standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Have a strong understanding of audit, review and compilation engagements and the required procedures and documentation for each.
- Ability to supervise audit staff accountants and manage the engagements.
- Have a strong working knowledge of various industries and client businesses (i.e., SEC engagements, manufacturing, distribution service, not-for-profit, etc).
- Manage risk-based audits.
- Interact with key client management to plan, gather information, discuss and resolve accounting, auditing and reporting issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Perform engagement administration including drafting engagement letters, billing, follow up, and preparation of proposals.
- Ensure engagements are performed within budgets.
- Ability to network in the business community to enhance company presence.
- Ability to develop business through networking, association involvement and other means.
- Ability to research and apply technical accounting literature to client engagements.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
- 5 – 7+ years of public accounting experience with a Big 4 or Large National Firm.
- Valid CPA license.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions and guidance from partners.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative and can-do attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Dedicated to superior client service.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Proficiency or ability to learn audit software, specifically ProSystems FX Engagement or similar software is a plus.
- Proficiency or ability to learn Accounting Research Manager (research tool).
Education and Licenses
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification (active).