Audit Senior Consultant
6620 W. Broad St.
Senior Internal Audit Consultant
- The Audit Consultant will serve as a member of the Corporate Audit Services Department of Genworth Financial
- The position will be based in Richmond, VA
- Travel will be required (up to 20%) and is dependent upon assignments and business demand. Some travel may be international.
- This position will report administratively to a Director. We utilize a pooled staffing concept, so the opportunity exists for the successful candidate to work for different Audit management personnel.
- Plan and support internal audit efforts, including strategic, operational, financial, and compliance audits and advisory initiatives
- Execute audit projects within prescribed time budgets and at a high degree of quality
- Work collaboratively with other assigned audit personnel and key members of management to achieve engagement objectives
- Ensure high quality audit and advisory results and well-crafted deliverables.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Evaluate SOX documentation ensuring appropriate identification of risk and control points
- Document and test the design and operating effectiveness of SOX key controls
- Critically review SOX documentation to determine appropriate test procedures & plans
- Ensure SOX testing is executed in line with Company SOX policies and procedures
- Analyze and evaluate the severity of control issues identified during testing
- Provides advisory and assurance services to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and the security of the operations and information/business systems of the holding and affiliate companies.
- Prepares audit workpapers that support the audit scope and final report, and are documented in accordance to audit standards
- Researches business unit strategy, products lines, relevant accounting guidelines, and administrative systems to become familiar with client’ s business process and environment
- Conducts interviews and walkthroughs. Prepares process flows to identify and document key risks and controls
- Performs risk assessments of business operations, financial reporting processes, information systems, and technologies to assess potential problems or control weaknesses
- Develops and executes test plans that assess risk and controls on operating procedures and processes, including those processes related to SOX
- Utilizes available technical resources and tools to enhance work product
- Provides thoughtful recommendations for problem resolution to the client and audit team
- Communicates effectively with client by demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and timeliness in completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts
- Serves on audit team in collaboration with external auditor on reviews of Company accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Maintains current knowledge of matters impacting the industry, the Company and regulatory requirements impacting internal controls.
- On occasion, support other controllership related activities including communication, documentation, process mapping, testing, remediation, etc.
- Liaise with external auditor to ensure any SOX related issues regarding testing procedures, testing documentation or control deficiency assessments are addressed on a timely basis
- Support the department organization through team initiatives to enhance processes and engagement
- Continue professional development through commitment to ongoing training and departmental performance metrics
- Four (4) year degree in business, accounting or other applicable field
- Four (4) or more years of relevant audit work experience, preferably within a risk management and/or Big 4/5 environment and/or the financial services industry. Other industries are acceptable, provided that the candidate possesses other appropriate skills for the position.
- Ability to assess and determine risk impacts
- Ability to reason logically, analyze and evaluate data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Knowledge of internal controls and SOX requirements
- Advanced degree, such as an MBA
- Financial services and insurance industry experience
- CPA and other applicable certifications (e.g. CISA, CIA, PMP, FLMI, CLU, etc.)
- Experience focused on SOX 404 efforts, including documenting controls, designing and executing test plans and analyzing control deficiencies
- Experience auditing public companies in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the PCAOB standards
- Familiarity with COSO 2013 and COBIT 5.0 internal control frameworks
- Ability to present analysis and findings in a cohesive, understandable and actionable format to all levels of management
- Critical thinker who provides suggestions on new ways to approach tasks, reasons logically, effectively analyzes and evaluates data and information to drive appropriate conclusions
- Independent worker who can proactively manage assigned tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Solid oral communication and writing skills and demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate with process and control owners
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/