U.S. Bancorp Tower 111 SW Fifth Avenue STE 1850 Portland, OR 97204 US
Senior Audit Accountant
As a senior on the audit team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects throughout the year to help build and develop a range of invaluable skills and experience.
Our attest engagements range from reviews and audits to financial advisory consulting engagements.
Work with emerging growth technology and software sector companies
The focus of the corporate audit work has been built within the realm of technology and software companies.
These engagements are accompanied by strong finance and accounting teams that deal with highly technical and challenging aspects of the accounting and financial reporting process which in turn allows for opportunities for technical skill development and refinement for the audit team members.
Additionally, many of our emerging growth audit clients are venture backed, thereby providing exposure to unique equity structures and the related accounting implications.
Join a growing and thriving regional firm with generous growth potential within the firm.
They have built its name on top notch work for the sectors and clients that we serve. Much of our growth has been from referrals and positive relationships that we have maintained with our clients.
Strong office culture
The Portland office places importance on team bonding and office culture. Office outing events, happy hours, and involvement with charitable organizations are a few things that are part of our regular routines to aid in the office culture.
Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Professional development and licensing
- At the senior level, individuals should have a minimum of two busy seasons of experience in a staff level position.
- Have completed or are in the process of passing the CPA exam.
- Establish a personal development plan to identify goals and objectives and understand the skills necessary to advance your career to the next level.
- Development of personal technical skills.
- Maintaining strong client relationships.
- Begin to develop proficiencies with GAAP reporting.
- Understand and apply relevant auditing techniques, procedures, and requirements.
Team roles and responsibilities
- Initiate, monitor, and deliver assigned compliance services timely and accurately
- Proactively manage timelines and communicate with managers and partners.
- Help develop and supervise staff team members in firm policies and procedures and technical and professional training.
- Be successful in multitasking by handling various projects simultaneously by managing workloads, prioritizing, planning, and delegating tasks where appropriate.
- Display and promote team mentality and positive working environments for all peers.