201 East Kennedy Boulevard Suite 1500 Tampa, FL 33602 US
Audit & Assurance Senior
Looking for Assurance Seniors to join our growing and well-established national firm in our Tampa, FL office. The position requires high-energy, experienced audit professional with strong interpersonal and supervisory skills.
Assurance Seniors will be responsible for performing engagement field worked under the engagement Manager while overseeing engagement staff accounts. Responsible for conducting several client engagements simultaneously, while working under the direction of a partner or manager. Oversee staff during audit engagement. Train Interns through Seniors. Meet billable hour and annual CPA requirements.
- Coordinate various phases of engagements, budget time and expenses, monitor actual performance against budget, review work papers for accuracy and completeness, and review financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures.
- Oversee audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepare reports, and communicate findings and recommendations to management.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and development of assurance staff.
- Monitor actual time incurred and analyze actual time versus budgeted time.
- Ensure engagement manager and partner is updated timely on all aspects of the engagement.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for all aspects of the assurance engagement from planning, to report issuance, to closing the binder.
- Perform technical research as required.
- Communicate effectively with all levels intern – partner as well as engagement details with clients.
- Recognize extended services opportunities.
- Cultivate effective relationships with client and staff.
- Keep current on professional pronouncements.
- Participate on Level Training for junior staff.
- Proactively and effectively participate in performance management processes
- Practice development (recommended).
- MBA/BS/MS in Accounting from an accredited college or university (minimum of 150 college credits.
- Must be a CPA or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- 3+ years of relevant public accounting experience.
- Basic technology skills with proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure and with a team; able to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem solving abilities are a must.
- Ability to work independently and exercise professional judgement while applying specialized proficiencies of a trained accountant.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; able to multi-task.
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply to jobs.
- Have a strong desire to maintain customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas