17501 East 17th Street Suite 100
For more than 45 years, our client has specialized in serving the financial and tax needs of privately-held businesses and their owners throughout Southern California.
The depth and breadth of our experience — which includes such ancillary services as business consulting, business valuation, employee benefits and human resources services, estate planning and computer consulting — make us a valuable member of our clients’ management team.
We are searching for just the right candidate to join our team as a Senior Staff Accountant in our Accounting & Audit department.
To do this job, the candidate should have the following characteristics:
- In-charge audit, review and compilation engagements
- Understanding of GAAP and OCBOA accounting
- Prepare audit work papers and financial statements
- Preparation of business and individual tax returns
- Interface with tax and other departments as necessary
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Handle multiple assignments
- Ability to complete engagements efficiently and on time
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines using effective time management skills
- Ability to use standard computer software applications
- Must posses strong professional communication, interpersonal, analytical and research skills
- Must be willing to travel on a limited basis
- Ability to apply basic technical knowledge to engagements
The qualified candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting (or related field) and CPA designation preferred, or in -process
- Minimum 2 years public accounting audit experience
- Tax experience - a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Technical proficiency in audit and accounting
- Working knowledge of CaseWare and Lacerte preferred
Please send your resume with salary history and requirements.