Business Management Senior Accountant - Account Manager
10960 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 700 Los Angeles, CA 90024 US
Account Manager - Senior Accountant - Business Management
Performs day-to-day full charge bookkeeping functions for clients.
- Inputs information provided by client in the form of invoices, bills, checks or other registers. Performs check runs utilizing different software packages, but mostly Datafaction with Imaging.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Performs bank reconciliations and traces discrepancies.
- Receives and inputs clients’ accounts payable invoices and generates payments.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Handles clients’ payrolls.
- On rare occasions might be required to spend time at clients’ offices for special projects, client personnel training, setting up of accounting systems, and performing tasks at client’s office which are outlined in 1 thorough 6 above. This might require traveling to clients in Los Angeles.
- Month-end and Quarter-end duties include compilation of financials, sales tax and payroll tax returns.
- Reviews 1099's and W-2's prepared for clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants, managers or partners.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Solid background in Bookkeeping.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate ten-key calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting, but must be able to do a manual set of books.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Datafaction with Imaging required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Some Overtime during December, January and February.
- On rare occasions same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Minimum of four years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform, or assist in performing, other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the task listed in this job description.