Director, Actuarial Services - $200k +
Chicago and St. Louis, MO 60606 US
Position Purpose: Conduct analysis, pricing and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes. Provide expertise and technical support in matters related to the successful and financially sounds operations of the company’s health plan businesses
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes.
- Negotiate capitation rates with State agencies.
- Review health plan experience and identify trends
- Analyze new business opportunities.
- Work with Health Plans to ensure soundness of capitation rates
- Work with State agencies to assess impact of program/policy changes.
- Present results to Senior Management/State agencies.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. 10+ years of actuarial experience, including 2+ years of Medicaid experience. Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff required.
License/Certification: Fellow or Associate in Society of Actuaries; Member of American Academy of Actuaries