Director of Sales Finance
21300 Victory Blvd #1200, Woodland Hls, CA 91367 US
Director of Sales Finance
The Director of Sales Finance will provide financial leadership and operational support to a fast growing global sales organization.
This is a high visibility role and expected to be the Subject Matter Expert for all related Sales areas and responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of company-wide Sales financial planning, KPIs, analysis and management reporting cycle for monthly close, monthly forecast, annual budget process, strategic planning process, Board of Directors and Annual Operating Plan presentations, and the internal analysis of the company’s financial performance.
- Lead and develop financial models, reporting packages, forecasting and planning activities related to sales operations and driving top line performance
- Develop deep relationships with CRO and sales operations to support and analyze pipeline, coverage, conversion, sales incentive plans and marketing programs
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for management and the Board of Directors which will include financials, key metrics, leading indicators and business performance analysis
- Lead planning and forecast processes for sales finance; includes Annual Operation Planning, variance analysis against plan and prior year, as well as monthly forecasting and Risk & Opportunity identification
- Provide leadership, reporting and analysis into sales headcount, productivity, commissions, bonus and partner fees
- Responsible for regular reporting on bookings by segment, pricing and discounts, renewals, pipeline, pacing, achievement, KPI dashboard, CAC, LTV and other ROI analysis
- Lead FP&A finance integration efforts to understand and analyze Sales, Marketing, Customer Ops and Product Management dependencies
- Drive forecast accuracy, predictability in results and adherence to high standards of controllership
- Identify areas of financial risk and opportunity
- Proactively identify, design and implement enhancements to existing planning processes and systems
- At least 8+ years of finance experience, including working with operations teams
- Related experience in sales operations and finance in a tech industry, ideally SaaS or software, is ideal
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information: one on one, small groups, functional leaders, executive management, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Strong knowledge of financial planning and forecasting, financial and management reporting, process and systems and business process best practices.
- Must be comfortable working in a high pace environment, be able to multi-task, and have a hands on attitude.
- Must be able to excel in a flexible, fast pace work environment and meet deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce.com is ideal
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required. Experience with manipulating large amounts of data as well as the ability to quickly learn new systems/tools
- Strong analytical skills, high level attention to detail, a self-starter with “can do” mentality
- Experience with other SaaS based tools a plus Adaptive Planning, NetSuite and Zuora
- Must have experience working with publicly traded companies, preferably technology companies
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting or related field required; MBA or advanced business degree a plus