FUND DIRECTOR (FUND ADMINISTRATION)
33 West 19th Street 4th Floor New York, NY 10011
FUND DIRECTOR (FUND ADMINISTRATION)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND FUNCTIONS
As Associate Director/Director, you will be responsible for such duties and responsibilities that are normally associated with your position, which include, but are not limited to the following:
Client Management Reporting
- Facilitates client coordination and audit communication during US hours of the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting activities for various hedge funds, fund of funds, venture capital and private equity fund clients;
- Acts as the point person for client’ s limited partners and shareholders requesting assistance on capital account information, subscription and redemption procedures, audit confirmations, in coordination with the client’ s investor relations personnel;
- Directly communicates with client’ s investment managers and prime brokers and handles requests from them;
- Manages client’ s expectations and ensures timeliness and quality of deliverables; and
- Meets with clients, typically at our San Francisco, New York or Los Angeles offices or at client office locations, during onboarding or regularly during the year to discuss client strategic plans and provide two-way feedback.
Middle and Back Office Support for Clients
- Reviews the analysis and reconciliation of transactions related to the investment portfolio, dividends and interest, corporate actions, investor capital activity, and monthly financial Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations prepared by senior associates to calculate monthly Net Asset Values of the fund clients;
- Acts as a project manager on client integrations and new hedge fund launches, and reviews initial set-up of funds on all accounting and client management systems such as Advent Geneva;
- Ensures that daily and/or monthly financial packages for delivery to clients are thoroughly reviewed, including monthly income statements and balance sheets, capital statements, financial and ownership ratios of investors, etc.;
- Analyzes and resolves various accounting and reporting issues identified during daily and month-end processes;
- Meets with engagement team members on a weekly basis to discuss the status of all the accounts, the game plan for the week to meet any deadlines, and resolve any issues or questions raised by engagement teams;
- Reviews monthly billings for the clients assigned and ensures that all completed jobs are properly billed;
- Identifies any out-of-scope work from the regular engagements and ensures proper billing;
- Directly coordinate Cash Management and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) procedures with Investor Relations.
- Reviews drafts of client financial statements and coordinates the year-end audit process with the auditors on behalf of the clients; and
- Coordinates with tax personnel for funds or clients that are also being handled by the tax group in terms of completeness of book allocation files and supporting documentations.
Firm Management Responsibilities
Managing Director Support
- Assists the Firm’ s managing directors in the San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles offices in developing solutions to streamline the client reporting process;
- Meets with the respective client servicing managing directors and discusses timeline, issues and concerns relating to client accounts;
- Ensures timely delivery of reports and other deliverables to client servicing managing directors for final review and prior to distribution to clients;
- Closely monitors the status of client deliverables and ensures that clients are timely billed and when billed, that the billings are timely collected; and
- Assist in the Firm’ s business development efforts by tracking the status of potential clients on a daily basis and meets with existing clients for potential additional services and/or new potential clients.
- Works with Human Resources to recruit, interview, and hire qualified candidates for all offices;
- Plans global staffing requirements vis-à-vis number of clients and allocates resources to teams in different offices;
- Prepares staff work schedules for each fund assignments, schedules need for overtime work, and ensures that staff members are being utilized according to their capacity and areas of expertise;
- Reviews timesheets of the staff ensuring that all hours are in line with the budgeted hours and the staff’ s output;
- Develops staff thru regular coaching and provides timely performance evaluations, communicates job expectations, and monitors staff’ s performance progression;
- Manages team conflicts, staff attendance, and behavioral issues and comes up with appropriate disciplinary actions, if need be; and
- Attends to seminars, onsite-trainings, and webcasts on technical or accounting updates conducted by the AICPA and industry organizations. Learnings from such activities are in turn, passed on to the teams in different offices by conducting quarterly or annual trainings on technical or accounting updates.
- Coordinates and manages process and technology team projects and initiatives;
- Coordinates and helps resolve Software (Geneva, etc.) related issues outside the scope of IT team;
- Identifies and coordinates training needs of the team for accounting softwares used;
- Performs administrative duties in maintaining Geneva software such as account requests, portfolio management etc.;
- Coordinates and identifies possible process improvement initiatives.
- As Associate Director/Director, you are also expected, from time to time, to assist in other non-operations work, as the need arises, and as determined by the Managing Directors.
- Graduate of Bachelor’ s degree in Accountancy, Finance or equivalent;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA);
- With 8 to 10 years of experience in Fund Admin Accounting, compliance, US taxation, and other business-related activity; 5 to 7 years of which as Manager or Senior Manager;
- Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance, and tax skills;
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the Company;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills;
- Computer proficient, with advanced MS Excel skills.