HIM Manager - Coding
40680 California Oaks Road 2b Murrieta, CA 92562 US
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge and utilization of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Working knowledge of current ICD-9-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS coding guidelines, with working knowledge of DRG, APC, and diagnosis sequencing concepts.
- Proficiency in the use of all applicable software, which includes the abstracting system 3-M HDM products(s) Familiarity with patient medical records.
- Good command of the English language with effective communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels.
- Strong working knowledge and utilization of computers.
- Ability to collect and trend data.
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet frequent deadlines, and tight schedules.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of four years’ experience in an acute care facility with proficiency in all the areas of charging/coding (Medicare inpatient, Medicare outpatient, Emergency Department, Observation, Ambulatory surgery, outpatient ancillary records, APC edits, DRGs).
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Holds an AS degree in Health Information Management from an accredited two-year program in a college or a BS/BA degree in Health Information Management form an accredited four-year program in a college/university.
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Holds a current Registered Health Information Administrator certificate (RHIA) or eligible; or a current Registered Health Information Technician certificate (RHIT) or eligible. Both are accredited by the American Health Information Management Association.
- Must also have CCS.
- Must work in a clean, well-lighted, well-ventilated work environment.
- Subject to irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to function in a busy environment with shifting and evolving priorities.
- Ability to communicate written, verbally, and mentally continuously, set priorities that may change, and accomplish multiple tasks daily.
- Stable emotional makeup required to perform in a fast-pace environment with interruptions.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain positive relationships and courteous interactions with hospital staff, medical staff, and the public.
- Requires effective communication with the medical staff, hospital staff, and the public through the telephone, fax, written and verbal skills, dictating and transcription equipment, meetings, seminars, computer, and email.
- Ability to fill in for the Director of HIM at any time.
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, send resume in word format with current salary for review and immediate interview or apply directly on our website at http://jobs.regalexecutivesearch.com/