Internal Audit Manager - Capital Markets
Washington, District of Columbia 20001 US
Provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Responsible for managing a small to moderate-sized portfolio of audit projects and activities. Responsibilities include planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals. Provide formal supervision and coaching of staff. Another primary responsibility is building and maintaining relationships with audit business partners and customers at the Vice President level. Demonstrate a high level of specialized functional area expertise in a specific line of business with moderate expertise across one or more other lines of business.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a small to moderate-sized portfolio of audit projects and activities of moderate complexity. Manage a small to moderate-sized team. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor audit team progress and manage budgets and schedules.
- Lead the successful development, management and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans; drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan. Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications. Review, finalize and deliver audit reports; communicate audit findings and develop recommendations.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide direct oversight of staff. Establish policies and procedures to guide the audit staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Audit best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Serve as primary point of contact for audit business partners and stakeholders; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices. Serve as Internal Audit representative for corporate-wide committees and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in working in or auditing capital markets functions strongly preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments, pricing, market and financial risk and trading operations required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of auditing, risk and/or controls concepts. Prior experience in an internal audit, external audit, compliance, risk or similar function strongly preferred.
- Experience in the financial services, banking, lending industries, public accounting or consulting industries strongly preferred.
- CIA, CPA or CFE required.
- Prior experience supervising, managing and/or leading teams required.
- Competency in managing multiple projects simultaneously with a strong results/goal orientation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience in communicating with/presenting to senior management.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.