Manager - Tax Services (Wealth Management)
111 East Kilbourn Avenue, Suite 1700 Milwaukee, WI 53202 US
Manager – Tax Services
Department: Family Office Services
What we are looking for –
As a member of the Tax Services Team, the Tax Manager is primarily responsible for the administration and delivery of U.S. (federal and state) income, gift, and estate tax services to our clients.
This person will work closely with our Wealth Management Directors in managing client relationships and the development of our Associates.
This position will be responsible for the supervision, training, and mentoring of Tax Services Associates.
Occasional travel and periodic after-hours work will be required.
You will –
- Prepare and review (individual, fiduciary, partnership, S-Corporation, nonprofit, and C-corporation) income tax, gift and estate tax work papers and returns and projections and estimated tax payment vouchers
- Work with clients (by telephone, written correspondence, and/or face to face meetings) as well as Wealth Managers as needed
- Supervise, evaluate and mentor members of the department
- Manage Tax Services Department responsibilities (project management and monitoring, e-filing, tax software, tracking of work flow, creating and maintaining templates, mailing of returns, scanning of documents, etc.)
- Perform other professional and administrative duties as assigned
We are looking for –
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business
- CPA, Master’s in Taxation, LLM in Taxations, or JD
- Five to seven years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consultingexperience; experience in public accounting
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Previous tax return review experience
- Team Player attitude
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training and mentoring skills
- Good organization skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, GoSystem Tax RS, Planner CS, RIA Checkpoint, and UltraTax CS
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites