1875 Century Park East Suite 950 Los Angeles, CA 90067 US
A large and rapidly growing wealth management firm with approximately $2 billion of assets under management is seeking to fill the position of Portfolio Manager within a newly created Registered Investment Advisory (RIA). The individual filling the role will be responsible for manager search, due?diligence, and selection, including the development of risk management assessments and evaluations. The individual will also need to be a proactive spokesperson for the portfolio and manager/fund, comfortable in promoting the funds to clients and prospects alike. S/he will assist in the development of appropriate communication tools, including commentaries and informational sheets and will leverage such tools while pitching the funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fund Manager & Portfolio Management
- Attribute manager and fund performance and refine ways to minimize underperformance and maximize outperformance relative to return and risk objectives.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge, to manager selection and risk budgeting.
- Executes and documents all manager initial and ongoing due?diligence activities and assessments.
- Proactively contribute to overall portfolio profitability through revenue opportunities and systems and manager selection process enhancements.
- Provide analytical and qualitative support in alpha research, new manager development, and client needs.
- Manage all aspects of portfolios including directed changes, corporate actions, and client activity; ensure that portfolios track within established performance expectations.
- Develops familiarity with various investment related software packages (Bloomberg, Morningstar, etc.) to assist associates and advisors in the appropriate analyses.
- Investment Committee
- Actively seeks new opportunities to support Investment Committee members and investment decision making
- Gains and maintains an understanding of the relevant investment directives, procedures, and policies within the construct of the RIA strategies.
- Quantifies, analyzes, and continually manages risk, both at an overall fund and at a manager level.
- Actively participates in and contributes research and perspective to the RIA Investment Committee.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, flexibility, support, and effective influence / communication skills in interactions with other RIA functional areas and team members.
- Client (Advisor) Development and Servicing
- Develops a deep understanding of RIA’s investment strategy and philosophy and delivers that information effectively face?to?face, via conference calls, and through presentations to advisors, end clients, and prospects.
- Develops an overall understanding of RIA’s assigned client’s investment strategies / products in order to best service the customer.
- Authorized drafter and reviewer of RIA’s communication and marketing pieces related to the managers and portfolios including, but not limited to:
- Client Pitch Book
- Manager / Fund Factsheets and Brochures
- Trade, Market, and Performance Commentaries
- Supports new business developments by participating/presenting in RIA pitches, new advisor / acquisition welcome and onboarding sessions, and broader market update sessions, as needed.
- Supports management and client?facing groups in research and ad?hoc requests.
Skills / Key Competencies Required
- Flexibility / Adaptability
- Attention to Detail / Data Organization
- Confidentiality / Integrity
- Project Planning and Execution
- Bachelor degree in related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) designation required.
- 5?10 years of experience in managing and selling portfolios.
- Solid understanding of financial data types, management, and analysis.
- Ability to employ advanced data handling functions within MS Excel.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, comfort with presenting to advisors.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time.