Senior Accountant, CPA
4900 Hopyard Road, Suite 183 Pleasanton, CA 94588 US
Senior Accountant, CPA
Our client is a Public Accounting firm is seeking a senior level accountant. The ideal candidate must possess a CPA license, have 5+ years experience in public accounting and be able to work independently.
The experienced candidate should have knowledge in all aspects of tax preparation including multi-state, financial statement preparation, audited financial statements, foreign reporting, R & D analysis, deferred tax calculation, payroll tax returns and general ledger.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in all Microsoft applications, Lacerte and various other tax and accounting software. Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k, Profit sharing plan, dependent care plan and AFLAC insurance choices. Salary commiserates with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following duties:
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
• Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statements and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position
• Reviews contracts to make recommendations to clients
• Installs, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
• Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures
• Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organizations accounting operation
• Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state and local reports and tax returns
• Provides supervision and guidance to accountants and para-professionals
• Advises supervisors on status of projects and promptly alert them to problems
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and or Experience
Employee must have a bachelors degree from an accredited University, possess a CPA license, and have at least 5 years experience performing accounting duties.